Friends of the Oregon Public Library District
WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR?
The Friends of the Oregon Public Library District is a volunteer, non-profit organization. Through free public programs, fundraising and volunteer work, these Friends make a real difference in our community!
The Friends meet quarterly to plan activities to benefit the library and enjoy the company of other library enthusiasts.
Two annual fundraisers, a book sale during Autumn on Parade and a Holiday Cookie Sale, allow the group to purchase items for the library; and to sponsor local authors, lecture series and other educational and recreational programs for all ages at the library.
WHAT FRIENDS HAVE DONE!
- Purchased computer for library
- Purchased fax machine for library
- Contributed $9,578 to library building fund
- Funded youth activities
- Provided magnets
- Donated to the celebration of Taft's The Blind
- Deliver books to Oregon Health Care Center
- Sponsor author and lecture series
- Manage used book cart
- Volunteer to cover books and shelf read
- Repaired antique clock
FRIENDS MAKE A DIFFERENCE - HOW CAN I JOIN?
Joining is easy! Simply provide the library with your name and contact information along with a check as follows:
________ Individual ($5)
________ Family ($10)
________ Patron ($20)
________ Corporate ($50)